Monday, December 8, 2008

The Train And A Promise

My Wife & Daughter

My daughter who turned five in late October has never been on a train. I can still remember when she was only a year old and I would sit her on my knee and pretend to be a train with the sounds of chugging along and a whistle just before we hit a tunnel.
She has gotten older and heavier now, and has now traded interest in the train for her My Little Pony CD collection.
Though Amtrak doesn’t come through these parts, I had promised to take her to Kansas City someday and take her on a train ride to DC. My wife hasn’t been to the north with the exception of NY, and NJ to see family, and I thought that this would be a great way to see it.
My wife beat me to the punch and purchased tickets to a Christmas train near here. It wasn’t a log ride, only an hour, but it was good to see that my daughter still has that love of the train.


2 comments:

Toad said...

It's important for a father to be an active participant his daughter's life. A train trip to Arthur Bryants would certainly earn you father of the year honors

ms. mindless said...

just found your blog. your daughter is adorable. i love little girls with crazy curly hair because i was one too! well, my hair is still crazy and curly. i look forward to reading more.