Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Coke Ham

Photo courtesy of oldstuffonly.com

Some of you may have heard of this, and if you have not, you are in for a treat. There are literally 2,340 thousand web sites that talk about Coke hams. I have been making this delight for the past 15 years, and I have to tell you, I’m getting better and better at it every year.
If you have read any of my other recipes, you will know that I do not measure.

I take one good sized ham, score if not scored. In a soup pot, I add coke; close to half a bottle, brown sugar, about 2-3 coups, and other spices such as seasonal salt, pepper, and rosemary. I also add the juice from can of pineapple rings, and a little juice from cherry jar. Once the entire above has been combined into pot, I bring to a boil.

Once the ham starts to turn to a golden brown, I remove from pot, add cherries, and pineapple, and place in oven at 350 degree and cook for 15-20 min per pound. Basting with coke marinade to keep the ham moist.
Ham will be very sweet, moist and easy to serve.

No comments: