Friday, December 26, 2008

Pass On The Dessert



While some of us may think it a good idea to eat 23K gold, I myself would have to pass. Not only can I find something better to spend a grand on; remember I’m cheap, but it just doesn’t sit well with me eating gold.

Apparently, Serendipity of New York City has come up with the dumbest idea of garnishing a sundae with 23K edible gold. What amazes me is that they serve this at least once a month, why the need to impress?

Why am I writing this post you might be asking yourself?

In the world today, we have people starving, some of whom may be sitting right outside of Serendipity. What amazes me is that we are so wrapped up in ourselves in buying a whopping $1,000.00 sundae while others are loosing their jobs, not to mention their homes. A country that is suppose to be of such great wealth and privilege, and we waste on foods that we will not even finish, while others here and abroad have nothing. So to all of you who are partaking in this delight, I say shameful!

No comments: