Friday, January 2, 2009

Why You Shouldn't Purchase A Title


What fool would purchase a Nobel title? Apparently loads of them. This has become a booming Internet business. Most are UK lottery winners, or wealthy Americans with nothing better to do with their cash. So why not buy a title?

These days literally anyone can purchase a title. Some are authentic, but are going to cost you, and I mean dearly. Others, you are merely purchasing a small parcel of land in Scotland, Ireland, or GB, and you will receive a letter to take to your local DMV to change your name to Lord, Sir, Count, etc Pifious T Fronnyburger. Or whatever your name may be.

They use sales tactics such as, you will get better service in restaurants, moved to first class with air liners, or be thought of in a better light in the business world. My thought to that is that if you can afford a real title, you already have all of these aspects in your life. Also, if you could afford a title when it rarely comes up for sale, you can not use the coat of arms that goes with it. You will have to apply for a new warrant, which will more then likely be denied. So what is it that you are really getting for you buck? I personally would rather put my money into a piece of paper that is going to make me real money. With the exception of, if I had the sort of cold hard cash to purchase an English Estate with title in tow, now were are talking.

1 comment:

Plaid Dad said...

I personally leave an outgoing message on my answering machine signed,lord of the manor.Bwah.