Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ed Hardy, Fad or New American Style?




As some of you have no doubt seen some of the shows I am about to name in this post, you have also no doubt seen the brand Ed Hardy donned on the men and women on these shows.

It would seem that Ed Hardy has his own out let of adverting on such shows as Rock of Love; all three, Real Chance at Love, and other of these idiotic real television dating shows. While in another blog discussing Ralph Lauren, I reflected on my wife. My wife and I do not share the same values in American style, as she is more Ed Hardy, and I J press, Brooks Brothers, etc.
Yes, I know big time opposites, but I love her anyway.

I do not see the brand making it past twenty years, however this is only my opinion, which could be wrong, as I was wrong about the Rap scene as well back in the eighties. Other blogs subjects have spoken about what the "children" of our day are wearing and are appalled by some of the items that are being seen in the streets today. Ed Hardy in my opinion is at the very top. Capturing the "Jolly Roger" like so many others, including Ralph Lauren, and turning it into a fashion icon. Ed Hardy collections mimics the biker gangs of old, added with tattoo artwork, and has taken trucker fashions to an all time high.

Artist such as Piddy (Sean Puffy Combs), Bruce Springsteen, and Mickey Rourke are seen on his web site. So I am to assume that they endorse his line. A Slew of others in the entertainment business have jumped on the bandwagon as well.
Fad, or new American why of style?

1 comment:

Plaid Dad said...

Definite fad.It's getting blown out real fast.I saw some ed hardy briefs the other day,just ridiculous.It isn't subtle enough to last.Twenty years?Surely you doth not protest enough!