Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fight Night



A friend of mine had the dumb idea to get involved in a tough man competition last night. Normally, this is not something that I would attend; as its just not my speed, however due to the fact that my friend was participating I thought I would give it a try.

It was interesting to see, and what I had expected. The parking lot was filled with pick up trucks w gun racks, and there was lots of camouflage hats and chewing Tabasco could be seen in either the lip, or in the pocket of most of viewers of what was to be an interesting brawl. Big bellied, low brow, beer guzzling, and foul mouth, and that was just the women in the crowed, so you can imagine what some of the men were like.

For the life of me I don’t understand why some even bothered, most were over weight, out of shape, and didn’t have the balance to walk up a flight of stairs let alone fight in a ring. The rounds were 1 minute, and each fight had a set of three rounds. Some were so out of shape, that within 30 seconds of the first round, they were tired. One ole’ boy got sense about himself when he was hit the first time, and quit. There were two knockouts, and the crowd really loved that.

I must say that I myself started to get into it. It brought me back to when I was a schoolboy on the playground. I was however, surprised to see the amount of children that were there. Something I wouldn’t have done, as the language was atrocious.

No comments: