Monday, March 2, 2009

This Ones For You Stephen



While reading a reply to a post left by Stephen on my stance on reparations, I thought I would write on another interesting subject. Clive Owens latest film The International is actually a true story with the fictional Hollywood twist of course.


In the film Owens is an Interpol Agent who works with a Manhattan District Attorney to bring a powerful bank to justice.


In the film there is a lot of action and adventure, however truth be known the real Attorney; I’m not sure of his name, and I’m sure someone will tell me later, says that the process was rather boring. Sitting in his office reading paper trails, and getting calls from government officials telling him, "you don’t really want to do this" was his biggest threat.


I’m asking the question, how much money has this country funneled into genocide? In the film, and true account, these banks were making loans to third world countries to fund wars on other countries. As stated in the film, mind you I have not seen it as of yet, "They make money, not from the war, but the debt from the war." That in its self draws me to the film like a moth to a flame. Of course, it is ridiculous to think that a third world country could pay the loan back, hence this is why it is a Hollywood production. However, the bank this Attorney took down was funding monies to countries to wage war.


Should we, and this is getting a tad political, be funding such banks with these high stimulus bills, tax payer monies? Without sounding like a conspiracy theorist, what are these powerful banks really up to?


Money is not the root of all evil; it’s the lust for money that is the evil. For centuries banking has been at the forefront of this evil, and I bring you East India Trading Company. A British company who funded many wars, for its own financial gain. It also came to rule large swathes of India, exercising military power and assuming administrative functions, to the exclusion, gradually, of its commercial pursuits. Company rule in India, which effectively began in 1757 after the Battle of Plassey, lasted until 1858, when, following the events of the Sepoy Rebellion of 1857, and under the Government of India Act 1858, the British Crown assumed direct administration of India in the new British Raj.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_East_India_Company


Are we, the United States becoming an Empire with realms such as the British Empire through our banking system? Though it is only a movie, we need to not forget that it is also a true account of a fight that a New York District Attorney fought some twenty years ago. I will also admit that I am ignorant of the banking system, but I am not ignorant of their greed. I myself have been through some fisticuffs with the bank lately, but that will be in another post on another day.

4 comments:

Kathie Truitt said...

Hey, I love your new name! Very classy.

poloist12 said...

Well thank you, I appreciate that very much.

The Eccentric Orange Gentleman said...

All for me, thank you, sir. I apologize if the tone was a bit harsh.

Your acknowledgement of my point is taken with bow. Most bloggers seem to ignore the viewers who offer a view point that may differ from theirs.

I think in a way we are doing exactly what the British did when they took over India from the British East India Trading Company. They bailed out the company with troops, weapons, and supplies; we are choosing to opt for more money and guarantees. The bailout, while not related to the nefarious activities, will eventually funnel to these unsavory practices. The gentleman Clive Owen turned was quite right when he said, " the governments need banks like the IBBC to operate between the black and white."

As individuals there is little we can do except acknowledge that it exists and choose leaders who don't allow this. While the former can be done with ease the latter will prove difficult. We also can foster the development of the next Ghandis and Ali Jinnahs who eventually will free their countrymen.

poloist12 said...

Eccentric,

no need for apologies. I agreed with you opinion. I dedicated this to you because I agreed with what you said. As a matter of fact it moved me to write this post, so koodos, and thank you.