Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Trainer Is Shit

I have not been posting because I have been working out as some of you may know. Well, I have a trainer who is also a friend of mine; the guy from the tough man post, well that's him.

We discussed what we would be doing on our day of training, and decided to run, as he had a dinner planed that evening. Unbeknown to me, we would be running 3 miles. OK, here's the problem, I am not a very athletic man; meaning I did not play football in high school, nor did I run track. So, running is not one of my strong suits. However, in my mind, what's a mile, I can do a mile, or can I.

I meet up with him at his home at about 5 p.m. we drove to the lake area near his house, and began my nightmare. Walking to the track I see a small plate that reads "1 mile", I think to myself again, " a mile, no problem." We walk a few feet, and he calls out "ready" and takes off.
I run behind him thinking this isn't so bad so far. Boy was I wrong, we hit the mile marker, yes I made it, but he keeps going. By this time I am out of breath, and my run has turned into a power walk, with him no longer in sight. I try again to run, but by now my lower legs and the side of my stomach is in so much pain I can't see straight.

I catch up to him as he is now waiting at the mile and a half marker. I am out of breath, and he has hardly broken a sweat. We walk some more; about another 50 yards, and start into a slow jog, and this I can do. Its just up from a power walk, and again after a few yards, my legs fail.

We power walk the rest of the track with the agreement that I would run the three miles back to the truck. We get to the end of the track, stretch again, and start again on our run back. You will be happy to know that ran one and a half miles back to the truck. I think it was because I wanted it all to just be over with. Today I am regretting that I ran so much my first time out, as my legs today are killing me. I have been popping Ibuprofen all day, and the pain isn't letting up.

I spoke with him today, and he was wanting to know if we would be going out again this afternoon, fat chance. However, I did make an appointment for Thursday to start our next set of training. However, I will refrain from the running for now.

Let this be a lesson to you all who do not walk your farm. On day its going to haunt you if you keep riding those ATV's.

No comments: