Friday, April 24, 2009

Wealth of Morality

A friend of mine, who has a great job, nice car, house at the country club, etc, doesn’t seem to be happy.

He has, paper, as it’s called in the streets today, but he has no moral value. He cheats on his live in girlfriend every chance he gets, he bullies his co-works and bosses into getting what he wants. In fact I’m not sure why I call him a friend, as I have none of these qualities about myself.

In a discussion we had a week ago, I asked him, "why is it that you hate women so much." His reply was that he didn’t hate women, but thought of them in a bad light, I’m not going to repeat what he said. He sees himself as an "Asshole" and wants others to see him in this manner as well. Though he wanted me to troll the local bar with him to look for loose women, I had to decline the offer, which didn’t sit well with him if you could imagine.

Why I’m writing this story? I’m wondering why there are so many people, men and women these days with a deficit of morals? I know my friend’s father, and I can’t believe that this is something that he learned at home, as his father is a kind and gentle man. There are men, and I’m using this term loosely, who sponge of the hard work of the women they meet. Use them for sex, money, and whatever else they can get out of them.

What is to become of the men of my daughter generation? Some of you may be thinking, "well I’m sure you hard your twist in your day." I can honestly say, "NO". Every woman I’ve been with, 1. Didn’t pay when we went out on dates, 2. we were in a relationship before sex was anywhere in the picture. Some may find it strange, but my wife and I waited months before we moved into the intimacy category.

Why the lies and deceit? I’m not saying that one can’t have their fun if they are single. I’m not some stiff, old fuddy duddy who believes that you should wait until marriage. However, if you want to be a playboy and play the field, I think that there should be some truth and honesty there. You meet a woman or man, and you tell them up front, "hey, I’m only looking for a good time here." That’s fine. You are giving that person the choice, and they know what they are getting up front. But to take advantage of someone in my book is the curliest thing anyone can do. Your thoughts?

No comments: