Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shrimp Alfredo



Though my wife has stomach problems, and can’t eat this on a regular basis, it’s one of her favorites. Mind you, I do not measure my ingredients, so if you attempt to make this dish, you will need to taste as you go. I myself am a bit heavy handed when I cook.

What you will need:

1 Jar of Alfredo sauce (you really didn’t think I made it from scratch did you) Ha, ha!
Half a bag of large shrimp
Spaghetti noodles
Parmesan Cheese the kind finely grated in the can.
Italian Seasoning
Oregano
Fresh crushed garlic
Very little seasoning salt.
Olive oil

In a large pot add water and a dash of Olive oil, and bring to a boil, and add noodles.
In a large skillet, add olive oil and turn flame to a med-high. Add crushed garlic, shrimp, and seasonings. Brown shrimp until golden brown. Once browned, remove from flame. Once the noodles are complete, remove from water, and in the same or another large pot add olive oil (enough to coat noodles) and Parmesan cheese. In a saucepan add the Alfredo sauce and contents of skillet. Heat until the Alfredo sauce comes to a light boil and remove from flame.
To serve, add noodles to plate, and ladle content of sauce and shrimp to desired amount on noodles. For color add a dash of Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper if spice is desired.

No comments: