Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sydney's Buckle Design

As some of you know, I have a daughter who is 5. She is coming to an age where she too is getting into the rodeo spirit. She wanted a buckle like daddy's, and though I tried to find something that would fit her personality I could not. So I decided to have a buckle custom made.


As I've explained before, each buckle tells a story. My wife has decided to re-name the farm to MIMS Farm. MIM's being; Margaret ( her mother ), Irwin ( her father ), Margaret ( herself ), and Sydney. Knox Farm speaks for its self. The crown will also be pink, with three diamonds. Princess also speaks for its self, although her nick name is "Dutchy" as she acts more like a Duchess then a Princess. The date is the year of her birth




This is what the buckle will look like. The date in the drawing is in the wrong position. I chose this buckle for the obvious reasons. One its color, the white with the pink accents again fits her personalty. Also the position of the floral on this buckle gave me more room to design and add lettering without compromising the integrity of the space.



















No comments: